PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Check in staff - don't tell porkies!
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2004, 16:36
Jerricho
Ohcirrej

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check in staff - don't tell porkies!

*Warning - Rant mode on*

Having just returned from the yearly pilgrimage back to Oz, I'm going to have to have a rant about seat allocation, especially reference Emergency Exit/Bulkhead seating.

One thing |I can't get my head around is the allocation of these seats. It was my understanding that ideally an "able bodied" pax should be here for obvious reasons. At 6 foot 1 and 95 kgs, I would like to think I fit this description. This is where my confusion begins.

Many times on booking tickets and confirming them just before the flight, I am told that I can't reserve these seats (several different carriers have told me this). I always arrive at check in VERY early (much to the disgust of Mrs Jerricho!), and am told "Sorry, none of them are left!" (and I do understand that it may be an onwards flight, so people may be already on there..........this is fair enough). But the thing that boils my p*ss more than anything is on more than one occasion, I have seen people in the line BEHIND me (sometimes well behind), and lo and behold, I get on the jet having been told "Sorry, all gone", and there they are in the Emergency exit seats!!!! And also, there have been times when they definately couldn't be descrived as able bodied! Respect to my elders and all, but no 65 year old lady is gonna be physically able to chuck my ass out the door!

What gives? I hate being spun a load of b*llocks!