PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - France 'concerned' about state of Britain's Armed Forces
Old 16th Feb 2023, 17:51
pax britanica

Received 48 Likes on 21 Posts
Re some of the responses to my rather deliberate prompt.

Boris was in a position to go to Ukraine initially but certainly not lately

I think it is highly unlikely that he had any material impact on decisions taken in France Germany and USA, not being exactly popular in those countrie. Of course Brexit has little direct influence n the military but at the end of the day NATO is a political structure to direct allied military forces and in my own opinion, unqualified from a military perspective, NATO has been one of the most successful international organisations ever. So brexit has had little to do with the actual activities of NATO per se but it hardly made the UK popular among its main member states and Johnson with his lies and corrupt practices leading up to that hardly endeared him to EU politicians in the same way his ill-judged and pitiful sucking up to Trump left him stranded when Biden won the election.

Of course there had to be comments about France and 1940 - 82 years ago and although the French hardly covered themselves in glory we were no more use at stopping Blitz Kreig than they were.

So please understand I have nothing but admiration for UK armed forces and their personnel , but nothing but contempt for Johnson. Just how much Russian money did his party take leading up to Brexit, along with what has now been seen to be a farago or even a farage of lies which have left us in dire economic straights such that it will be really hard to actually live up to so called commitments to increase 'investment' in the forces..

I am sorry but i just dont buy the ide that Johnson did anything more than a PR stunt , something I agree he is good at.

The following 2 users liked this post by pax britanica: