PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia recruitment
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2023, 03:30
TimmyTee

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by ChadValient
There are still hundreds of pilots that could return to VA, myself included. I was a 12 year VANZ Captain, but my seniority at the moment would only let me return as an FO. I have a command with an Airline in Oceania which I am enjoying. Once my VA seniority moves to the point where I can return as a Captain I will probably go back. I have until 2026 to decide. I know a lot of ex VA guys and girls in a similar position.
Given that, if I was hired off the street today, what would the difference be in years before command, depending on if you all come back or not? It sounds like the 14 years quoted above would be pretty optimistic if the majority did return by 2026?

That’s sounding worse than Qantas, where there’s at least WB right hand seats as an option and by all accounts, a considerably larger income for the same roles.
Lifetime NB FO doesn’t have a particularly great ring to it (unless Virgin FOs have an increasing payscale for years of service like QF which takes the sting out of it?)