PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Normalisation of deviance in QF IR.
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2023, 04:36
JamieMaree

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
More rubbish 43 inches.
I worked in the offices of a major Australian airline for 25 years as a manager. I can say without hesitation that nearly all of the office staff, most of whom were covered by an EBA, carried out their jobs with dedication and professionalism. Very few were clock watchers and most, if not all, did the extra yards when and where required.
Even today, such dedicated people, do the extra hours to get pilot rosters out each and every month. I can assure you that they don’t down tools at 5pm or leave unfinished work until after the weekend.
I didn’t detect, at all, that this professionalism and dedication was motivated by brown nosing for a promotion.
Yes, the mummies had to leave at certain times because they had child commitments, but when needed they happily made alternative arrangements.
Unlike the engineers/ ground staff who worked in the overhaul shop: At 3.30 pm, the equivalent of the local olympics would take place as they ( a lot of them) sprinted, yes sprinted, out of the workshop, clocked off, across the pedestrian crossing, through the turnstiles, up the ramp to their carpark. I suspect the motivation for this was to beat the traffic.