PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet MPL
Thread: EasyJet MPL
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2023, 19:05
VariablePitchP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TayBee
I'm that case maybe I need to re-evaluate my decision to not apply to ezy - I got a very different response in my thread asking the same question a few weeks ago!

Do you really think it is a gamble to train normally as opposed to an MPL to finish in 18-24 months? If things are positive for easyJet and they're hiring their vast number of MPLs, surely that puts fATPLs in just as good a situation applying to whatever airline they want that is hiring low hour cadets - provided they have the aptitude to pass arbitrary assessments.
Imagine you got your licence today, height of the hiring wave. Your options are to fork out 30K for a Ryanair type rating, or get bonded with Wizz. Ryanair would be infinitely preferable there but that assumes you get in, and they have a thing about their bespoke APS, more money… Get into Wizz and it’s just a race to 500 hours to get elsewhere.

At least with Ezy you’ve got a career airline if you want it.

Plenty of anti MPL sentiment, there has always been anti MPL sentiment, from the same sorts that often shout people down for using question banks rather than bothering to commit to memory the modal phase difference between conjunctive NDB transmitter frequencies.

If you’d have graduated with an ATPL in 2020 you’d have been equally screwed, there seems to be this myth that they all got jobs. NO ONE got jobs. At least with Ezy they’ve all been taken back on and when it’s all said and done will be on 130K as captains within another 4 to 5 years. Not too shabby all things considered.