PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Avion Express
Thread: Avion Express
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2023, 13:57
nickler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OSTRIA
Estimated yearly income for Captains is 100K and for First Officers 60K or more…and much more...

Sure…

Reminds me a cheap advertising commercial.

If someone has the very basic skills that a commercial pilot should have i.e analytical thinking, can type some numbers taking into account that you won’t fly more than 400-450 h/ year for FOs and 600 h/year for the captains (LTC captains) and you will end up with a 43 K MAX GROSS figure for FOs which mean 17 K less from what it is advertised (also taxes and social insurance is on you which mean NET 28K / 43-15=28K) and 20-25 K less from what it is advertised for the Captains (around 75K gross).

AVION Express is ACMI company… you won’t fly 830 h/ year. Based on 830 h/ year the figures 100K and 60K are coming from. It’s not WIZZ nor a scheduled flag carrier.

You will be very lucky If you fly 500 h/year (20h/month X 5 months during the winter period and on average 57 h/ month during the summer season X 7 months). Most of my friends there they fly on average 400 h/ year.

60K and 100K is just a Hook !

Avion Express is an absolute “Maître” in presenting the zero for bonus and the garbage as present!

60 K and 100K…for sure … I can't stop laughing...
Correct.

We should also mention a funny topic called taxes…

you’ll be on an agency contract as a complete freelancer so good luck with that; you’ll need to find all sort of gimmicks to keep most of the money you will earn and those gimmicks will raise lots of eyebrows if you speak to any accountant or lawyer.

So if you’re ready to move your residence permit to Galapagos and and open up a bank account in Tijuana then You’ll definitely end up with a good salary 😄