PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet MPL
Thread: EasyJet MPL
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2023, 09:20
Jaikpatidar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TayBee
There is a thread I made a little further down that has a little bit of discussion about this on there, as I was looking at the EZY MPL recently.
The general consensus from the people replying to me is steer clear of MPLs; and of present I am inclined to agree.

Call me a cynic, but I don't believe the next 2 years will precipitate healthy balance sheets for a lot of airlines, EZY included - CAE are pushing ca. 200 MPLs per year to EZY. In effect, there are around 300 or so 'ahead' of you if you start training now.
EZY did hire those people they hung out to dry during covid but only if they stayed put and hoped for the best as those individuals I knew at the time received no communication from them.

You mention we're nearing the end of the bad period, but I dare say we have another one coming up as our economic predicament really starts to bite, people cut back on travel, and airlines have to reduce costs. If EZY decide they can't afford/don't need more pilots with reduced travel demand, the MPLs have no protection afforded to them in the contract, and ultimately you need a crystal ball to know if they'd be decent enough to go back to hiring them after the economy picks up again.

Go do an ATPL and in 18 months or so you can apply to whatever airlines are hiring: it might take a little bit longer than an MPL (if it goes perfectly and you don't get dropped) to get to the RHS but it affords the flexibility that you don't get if you drop 100k on the EZY MPL and then have them decide they don't want you at any point before you reach 1500 hours of flight time with them.

I may have completely misinterpreted the purpose or question behind your post in which case apologies, I shall try again later!
Hi,

Thanks so much for your reply, I have checked your tread and i can see the issues behind the MPL. You answered my question perfectly and i cant thank you enough.

Will stick to the conventional route!