PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Instructors with attitude problems
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2023, 00:57
Ascend Charlie

Received 209 Likes on 95 Posts
Management will soon notice the trend and do something about it.
I had a student who I detested, his attitude towards learning was atrocious. He was part of a group from an arabic country, and entitled as hell. Their government had paid for their training, and they all expected the instructors to open their heads for them and pour in the knowledge. Once they had covered a sequence, they claimed that they didn't need to retain it, and any instructor who expected them to remember something from 2 lessons ago was being too harsh on them, and had to be disciplined by management.

Sadly, management only saw the big dollar signs, and buckled to their demands, not wanting to lose the contract. I asked to not fly with this person, (whose Daddy was a general back home) and their response was "You are a Grade 1, go do your job." On his "wings test" (the conclusion was forgone when the cheque was cashed months before) he made zero effort to plan or fly in the correct manner, with me having to take over 3 times during the flight. He seemed to be provoking me for an argument, but I let everything go. In the debrief I gave him a "Satisfactory 3" result, with the comment "I expected you to stuff it up, and you satisfied my expectations." He was disappointed not to have a fight over a "Fail" assessment. Management changed the Satisfactory 3 to be an Excellent 4, and I left the company.