PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RYR - Roster patterns
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2023, 22:59
AIMINGHIGH123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by plikee
This guy hits the nail. Yeah, BA FO in year 20 earns same as a RYR skipper, but it takes them 15 more years to get to that pay, while the RYR has hit it 5 years after starting. By the time the BA FO is going for the upgrade, the RYR is way ahead financially (and possibly in life AND professionally). Living out of a suitcase is not for everyone, likewise having management breathing in your neck. Intimiation works until a certain extent and some people are better than others ignoring the noise.

Horses for courses.
You can go for command earlier at BA. It was just an example. RYR quite £136k. Take £14k off of that for pensions and allowance (technically should be more as you pay tax before paying. Eg medical cost say £150, you pay that after you paid tax so it’s costing you nearly £300 from your salary.) You’re down to £122k already. Not sure what BA LHR Captain is. I think 15% more than what ever FO pay point is.
Euroflyer we know they say is £105k. Add pension you’re at £115k at least. Don’t forget first 2 years upgrade at RYR is less. What would 20 year pay be at Euroflyer?

And yes Euroflyer are home every night. Staff travel, private medical, no paying to park, for your pass, to eat, get coffee etc etc etc. Go to work hungry and you will get fed.

Honestly I was the same and all for RYR and quick command. When you starting going into all the figures BA wins. I went through it with my mate. Pension is 15% at BA. All the extras.
Take Manchester for example. Car parking is something like £800 a year!!! You pay that after tax so really it’s around £1400 off your take home.
Just an example. Add everything up in detail plus the options SH/LH part time if you want etc etc.

Last edited by AIMINGHIGH123; 25th Jan 2023 at 23:32.