PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - General advice on training and job prospects
Old 23rd Jan 2023, 19:10
ApolloHeli

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by rudestuff
Nope, you're still saying MCC-IR for some reason...
I don't know what doesn't seem right to you about that, but what muermel is specifying is perfectly right - an MCC course is either VFR only or includes MCC training under IFR conditions.

FCL.735.H
Multi-crew cooperation training course – helicopters Regulation (EU) No 1178/2011
(a) The MCC training course shall comprise at least:
(1) for MCC/IR:
(i) 25 hours of theoretical knowledge instruction and exercises; and
(ii) 20 hours of practical MCC training or 15 hours, in the case of student pilots attending an ATP(H)/IR integrated course. When the MCC training is combined with the initial type rating training for a multi-pilot helicopter, the practical MCC training may be reduced to not less than 10 hours if the same FSTD is used for both MCC and type rating;
(2) for MCC/VFR:
(i) 25 hours of theoretical knowledge instruction and exercises; and
(ii) 15 hours of practical MCC training or 10 hours, in the case of student pilots attending an ATP(H)/IR integrated course. When the MCC training is combined with the initial type rating training for a multi-pilot helicopter, the practical MCC training may be reduced to not less than 7 hours if the same FSTD is used for both MCC and type rating.

(b) The MCC training course shall be completed within 6 months at an ATO. An FNPT II or III qualified for MCC, an FTD 2/3 or an FFS shall be used.

(c) Unless the MCC course has been combined with a multi-pilot type rating course, on completion of the MCC training course the applicant shall be given a certificate of completion.

(d) An applicant having completed MCC training for any other category of aircraft shall be exempted from the requirement in (a)(1)(i) or (a)(2)(i), as applicable.

(e) An applicant for MCC/IR training who has completed MCC/VFR training shall be exempted from the requirement in (a)(1)(i), and shall complete 5 hours of practical MCC/IR training.

Last edited by ApolloHeli; 23rd Jan 2023 at 19:11. Reason: Formatting