PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MH370 - "new" news
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2023, 10:50
Capt Kremin

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by GBO
Who flew the initial turn towards Penang? As stated previously, the 25 degree angle of bank left turn was conducted manually by someone in the cockpit, or via the autopilot in heading mode.

How do we know? The primary radar recordings.

The turn back was not commenced immediately, it was a few minutes later after the “event”. This is still consistent with an accident scenario.

Q. What altitude and speed would you fly at towards Penang, following an oxygen bottle rupture with a damaged P105?
I would have to weigh up the situation.

Is the aircraft losing pressurisation? If so is it a rapid depressurisation?
Evidently not, due to the TAS values of the entire subsequent track.
MH370 was travelling at normal, or slight faster TAS values until it crashed in the SIO. The track into the SIO was programmed by the FMC or the available autopilot modes. We know that because it flew a straight line to the south.

The turn back was initiated just after the transponder was turned off from the flight-deck. That is known from the transmissions received from the transponder as the knob was turned through the various options available, to the “OFF” position.

I’ve have given you a list of the major systems that are known to have been operating for the entire flight. There is no indication of any malfunction.

You haven’t responded to the straight line of the track. I suspect you don’t know the significance of that and why it means there was someone actively flying the aircraft.

You have an unsupported theory. Nothing more.

Last edited by Capt Kremin; 19th Jan 2023 at 11:40.