PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nepal Plane Crash
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2023, 09:16
guadaMB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A couple of points to remark...

1.- IF the CVR is going to be analysed in Nepal, forget to have any certain clue. By one side YETI and by the other the Gvmnt will make this appear as "fatality and bad luck" in oriental mood, just to avoid tourists cancellations due to FEAR.
2.- In France some analysts are making calculations (after some data received from Kathmandu airport, mainly a couple of videos showing the cargo procedure previous to the flight) for a possible CARGO EXCESS/UNBALANCE plus LOW SPEED aboard the 9N-ANC which may be not included in the MANIFEST. Being Nepal, not strange not unusual.
3.- About the cell phone and the live-video, etc: There is one thing that it's not too clear to me. Provided we accept the FLIGHT part is real, what puzzles me is the "fire section".
a.- the phone had to go anyplace but with the CAMERA SIDE focusing "something" (this meaning didn't end with the objective against ANYTHING CLOSE, a matter of luck).
b.- as I've worked in SAR, something had seen about fire(s) and "normally" in the PLACE OF IGNITION of a fire fed by kerosene/diesel there are poor or directly NO FLAMES. Flames try to find OXYGEN outside the place of ignition and IN PLACE the regular thing is SMOKE (white, brown or gray-black). This is not a "rule" but a general approach to what happens in those fires and what makes me "think" in relation to the video fire is that IT'S LIKE THE FIRE OF A STOVE, too clear, too bright, too orange-red, no somoke.