PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nepal Plane Crash
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2023, 08:53
guadaMB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Austrian Simon
Now that I find a bit of time, let me share my view and reasons on this video:

People of Pokhara tell me, that the video in its clear part clearly show the straight final approach to old Pokhara Airport's runway 22, all landmarks etc. are correct. The approach is visible to relatively low height.

Witnesses of the crash however say, that the aircraft was already on a final approach in straight flight (not turning anymore) west of the old airport, crossed the old airport in a nearly perpendicular and straight wings level trajectory across the old runway, and shortly afterwards rolled left and impacted the ground (this is also what the ground observer video shows, the aircraft was wings level until the final roll left!). This approach however is definitely not visible in the cabin video (even if the aircraft was turning base still before the aircraft rolled left, that turn would have been visible in the cabin video too but wasn't).
I'm sorry, Austrian Simon, but you're ABSOLUTELY WRONG.
Based on the video, when the camera captures the football stadium (rather far) and then closer in a wide turn to the left, with the three tennis courts BEFORE the stadium YOU CAN SEE THE 22 HEADING OF THE OLD AIRPORT "under" the AC (gray tarmac, easily recognizable). There the AC had to be 400- 450 feet AGL.
It's IMPOSSIBLE to "then" cross the old airfield in a PERPENDICULAR to the runway. Where did go the AC before "crossing perpendicular"? Nonsense is the word. Sorry.