PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nepal Plane Crash
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2023, 17:06
michaelbinary

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lederhosen
Thanks for your feedback michaelbinary. I am glad you agree. In all seriousness I fail to see what the problem is in my suggesting what might have gone on in the cockpit. If you can tell me why my theory of a botched circle to land is less plausible than running out of fuel on a 25 minute flight or mistaking the runway in severe CAVOK I will be happy to learn. We fill find out soon enough what happened.
"could be a handful if it got off speed, which is obviously what happened"

Yes something happened, but what ?, apart from the stall what happened ?, you dont know, I dont know, nobody knows.
The only facts generally available are: (correct me if there are more known)

1) The video from the ground shows a plane stalling, followed by wing drop, followed by a crash.
2) The video from within shows the plane flying straight and level with I think at least 1st stage flaps deployed.
3) Everybody in the cabin is calm and happy up to 10 seconds before the crash, so they hadnt been briefed about any emergency unfolding.
4) The plane appeared to be doing a normal left hand circuit approach to runway 12 and was on effectively base leg starting a left turn to line up for 12.

Nobody knows the "WHY", I am sure we could generate a list of 30 - 50+ reasons why the plane ended up stalling, but it doesnt help anybody to guess,
it wont make you a better pilot. When its not a guess then maybe you can learn something from it.