PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nepal Plane Crash
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2023, 23:18
RiSq

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The thing I keep coming back to is power.

Even in cleaned up videos - there is a distinct lack of audio from the turboprops.

its almost sounds like the throttles are idle? Which seems really odd.

1. The crew didn’t seem to have height or speed to play with. The aircraft did seem unusually low.

2. aircraft is entering a sustained left bank. Factoring in point 1, id of expected to hear more noise from the turboprops as the crew compensated for the bank - both onboard and on the external video.

3. As the external video begins it already looks like a manual nose up input is in progress, before the aircraft begins its see-saw before the wing drop.

Correct me if i am wrong, but surely in that timeframe, even if the aircraft still could not be saved, i’d of expected a perceived increase in audio tone if the crew went to TOGA (when the stall started) as the aircraft impacted - but there is absolutely nothing?

That seems bizarre.

It makes me wonder if it all started to go a bit pear shaped 10-15 seconds before the ground clip started, thus the low altitude and speed was a symptom rather than the cause? It looked OK until the initial left bank - after which that begun, with no speed, the altitude started to rapidly decrease - which seems to initiate the pull back.

the onboard clip matches that - because despite there being a 2-3 second frame skip due to the nature of streaming, the aircrafts altitude prior to the skip and subsequently after, is dramatically different.

CVR / FDR will be telling.

Last edited by RiSq; 15th Jan 2023 at 23:30.