PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - USA flights stopped. FAA computer outage.
Old 12th Jan 2023, 20:32
Lonewolf_50

Received 395 Likes on 245 Posts
Originally Posted by 9 lives
So will this change to "Airmissionaries"?
That was the position taken, yes.
Originally Posted by Airbus_a321
@ uffington
„Notice to airmen“ is also still in my memory
You are 68 and I am 69.
Obviously this „Air mission“ used today is just „modern“ talking. with no pragmatic sense behind.
Notice to Airmen was correct terminology, and thus it was replaced by something useless because it had to be. That's entropy in action. Waitress became server, stewardess became flight attendant, NOTAM had to change.
Originally Posted by Advance
So Skywards747, I appreciate your view but as a Pilot, an ATC and an ex regulator, may I suggest the need is to define the managerial skill set needed in each role then set out an organisational structure to optimise your chances of achieving the goal?
What we have here is not optimal at all.
Give this man a cigar.
"An engineer “replaced one file with another,” the official said, not realizing the mistake was being made. As the systems began showing problems and ultimately failed, FAA staff feverishly tried to figure out what had gone wrong. The engineer who made the error did not realize what had happened."
As to what happened, the single point of failure was found. One can idiot proof a system, but the world will, without fail, always provide a more accomplished idiot.