PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AFPS (Lifetime Allowance).
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2023, 16:53
Dan Dare

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the politicians have moved the goalposts, in effect breaking a promise
The recent imposition of AA tAA and Lifetime Allowance seems somewhat fraudulent to me too: HMG offers terms and conditions which include pensions statutory protection and you offer your service based on that; HMG don't want to honour their promise, but cant wriggle out of it so they .go in through the back door instead.

Bottom line is that they promised a certain conditions, then after you've done the service they are not honouring it, It may appear smallish numbers at the moment, but the way they are cheating us out if our promises are increasing through fiscal-drag and effectively removing years of previously protected entitlement. Imagine if they removed all of our pension entitlement through these taxes - there would be utter outrage - but they are fleecing us slowly in a way that few yet recognise so they are dipping in for more and more each year.

I have nothing against negotiating for reduction in future conditions - I can make the decision based on current conditions whether to continue service - but to take the service then reduce terms is just wrong whether you are Marshal of the Royal Air Force or a lowly worker.