PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 717 NJS - What's Going On?
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2023, 08:24
SOPS
short flights long nights

Received 154 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by Slippery_Pete
Safety in Australian airline operations has transitioned from world leading 20 years ago, to essentially lip service.

Money hungry management and boards so busy trying to flog their “wage freeze policy” to get personal bonuses… meanwhile clapped out aircraft are flying around with 10, 20, 30, sometimes more than 40 open defects.

Australia is perilously close to a jet hull loss. I don’t think I’ve ever seen it this bad. The Virgin Brisbane closed runway should have been a wake up call for EVERYONE. The cheese is aligning.

And meanwhile, CASA seem intent on wasting resources on things like stonewalling Glen Buckley for years to avoid essentially saying “we’re sorry”. They should perhaps be focusing on shutting down a jet RPT operator whose engines regularly keep going bang, often in spectacular fashion.

I hope like anything I’m wrong. I feel very uneasy about it all, and a lot of my colleagues feel the same - it’s not a matter of if, it’s a matter of when.
Wait a minute. GT was on the radio yesterday telling us how Qantas had won his award for the safest airline in the world… and unlike other airlines, airlines in the Qantas group never carry MELs. He must be telling the truth, mustn’t he?

Last edited by SOPS; 5th Jan 2023 at 08:38.