PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Logging of Flight Time If Aircraft Is Unregistered
Old 1st Jan 2023, 01:59
SASless

Received 521 Likes on 217 Posts
My Logbook drove the UK CAA round the bend....over two thousand hours were in the form of US Army Official Flight Records....none of which were in a bound Log Book.

Then, in the Logbook itself were the equivalent of Journal Entries complete with photos and other documents stapled to the various pages....some with a single flight annotated on a page.

Then of course, all those hours were logged per US FAA Standards rather than CAA Standards.

Your Logbook is yours....for your use and your desired purposes.....among which are meeting the requirements for the Authority to which you shall offer them as evidence of your past flying experience, and qualifications.

I was particularly amused by the UK string bound cardboard booklets in which all sorts of pieces of paper were retained by a piece of string......how stylish that was.

In those days the FAA Pilot Certificate (in the UK it would called a License) was a small paper card, the Medical Certificate was a slightly bigger piece of paper, and the RT License was another small piece of paper....none of which were contained in any kind of booklet or cover.

One folded the medical thing to the right size and placed all three inside your Wallet.

Different strokes for different Folks.

I still have my collection of Licenses...Ten different countries.....some full Licenses and some were validations,

I was offered a job flying on DC-4's that seemed quite well compensated....and when I reminded the friend that was offering that I had no experience in DC-4's and no Type Rating and that logging my time would be awkward.....he suggested that did not matter as if we got caught the License and Logging would be the very least of our worries considering what the cargo being hauled out of South America was. Legally....I could have logged every minute of that time....but it would not count towards any License or License qualification/rating or privilege.....but it would count towards total flying hours and hours on type in in what kind of flght conditions.

The following users liked this post: