PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Planned Emirates service starting June 1st into JFK being reviewed?
Old 11th Jan 2004, 03:20
knightflt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Simple solution to ease fears or terrorist threats to US airspace

As I have sat and listened, and read, and observed the continuous addition of procedures being implemented by the US in regards to foreign airlines entering the US, I have come up with what I think is a rather novel solution that should ease the fears of the US. The solution....NO FOREIGN AIRLINE FLYING TO THE US.

At first glance, the thought is absurd. What would happen to the economies of major international airports such as JFK, LAX, ORD that derive so much of their income from a host of foreign airlines that use them. This solution has another part to it, and that is NO US CARRIER ALLOWED TO FLY OUTSIDE THE US EXCEPT TO DESIGNATED AIRPORTS.

The thought process is this. Designate 3 or 4 major airports in Canada strecthing from YYZ,YUL in the east to YVR in the west. In addition, designate 3 or 4 airports in Mexico spanning the country from the gulf of Mexico to the Pacific. All foreign airlines depending on their points or origin would be routed to one of these airports. US carriers would then fly to these ports and pick up connecting passengers and take them to the US.

This would eliminate the "foreign airline phobia" so the TSA would only have to concentrate on the local US carriers. The threat level would then automatically be reduced within the US and the harrasment level of foreign airlines and crews would be eliminated. Just a thought!!. Whats yours?