PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MH370 - "new" news
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2022, 07:58
MickG0105

Received 220 Likes on 107 Posts
Originally Posted by GBO
Thanks MickG0105, if one assumes that the crew oxygen bottle ruptured in flight, then one must accept all the failures associated with damage to the adjacent P105 Left Wire Integration Panel / Left AIMS Cabinet. The amount of failures would be HUGE! Now play that scenario. It ends in the southern Indian Ocean at the seventh arc near 34S 93E at fuel exhaustion.
The crew oxygen bottle was serviced by Malaysia immediately prior to departure.
I've been following this for long enough and in enough detail such that I'm familiar with most of the theories.

An oxygen bottle bursting is entirely speculative. The damage arising from such an event is similarly speculative. As to "playing that scenario", it's a design your own adventure based on what gets damaged and how badly but it's a Goldilocks scenario - there can't be too much damage or it brings the story to a premature conclusion; too little and the aircraft is recoverable.

That whirring noise you can hear in the background is the "1 in a ..." probability meter spinning its way through the hundreds of millions.

You then add to all of that speculation at least an equally speculative series of events built around crew hypoxia. I don't know if you've ever been hypoxic but the notion that a crew survived in a persistent hypoxic state for an extended period of time while carrying out tasks of varying levels of complexity while missing others of lesser complexity stretches the bounds of both physiology and probability.

You've had experienced flight crews, some with hypobaric experience, critique all of that. My advice would be to look at incorporating that feedback into your theory through modification rather than looking to argue the toss about flight crew reactions/procedures with blokes who have actually flown the 777 for a living.

If you have followed any of the main forums addressing the disappearance you'd be familiar with an oxygen bottle burst theory that doesn't rely on hypoxic happenstance but it is no less speculative in the grand scheme of things.

Originally Posted by GBO
Where do you think the aircraft is located, and how did it get there?
It's in the SIO, almost certainly within 35 nm of the seventh arc, likely somewhere between 30°S - 35°S. 34°S routinely pops up in a variety of flight path analyses as a hot spot so I wouldn't be surprised if it is found around there.

And I'm pretty sure that it flew there.
The following 2 users liked this post by MickG0105: