PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Recruiting
View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2022, 12:03
Alrosa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by plikee

At the end of the day, it is horses for courses. It really depends what are your current circumstances, of what you want in life now and in the future.
10 years ago I have joined Virgin in a heartbeat without even considering BA, let alone RYR.
I think this is key, and it applies to those considering Virgin as much as to any other airline currently recruiting in the U.K.

It depends on your personal circumstances, and these vary enormously from one person to the next. It also depends on what your priorities are : maximising income above all else/quickest route to command or lifestyle / not having to commute (or some sort of compromise)…etc.

I smile when I see these posts singing a particular airline’s praises coupled with a complete inability to understand why anyone could possibly want to work anywhere else.

As an example, there are now a significant number of people entering the profession who have had a previous career, and have been in the fortunate position to now pursue their boyhood dream of flying. They might not give a stuff about command (they might not get it before they retire anyway) or not reaching the top pay point at airline X. For others, these things will be very relevant ….it all depends.