View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2022, 17:09
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TUI - SV

Originally Posted by GayFriendly
Thanks for the update OP!

All being well, S23 shaping up fairly well at BHX

Delighted to see Aegean making ATH a year round route, bookings for summer must be good. Will be interesting to see how it plays out between them and LS

Top rumours still to come to fruition.....fingers crossed
QR to DOH
EW to BER

And more fanciful

PLAY to KEF

SV to JED - given the Saudi Government's new focus on tourism and tourist e-visas available to UK citizens I'm not surprised SV are looking at the UK market. The Saudi Red Sea coastline is (mostly) stunningly beautiful with year round sun and there is a huge amount of tourism related development going on. Add to this the extensive onward SV connections from JED I could see this working but as always it will probably be MAN first.....
GF

I think Qatar is not a surprise it hasn't happened yet as I imagine BHX will be well down the list.

Eurowings is a real disappointment as the slots are in and announcements have been made by EW but not BHX, although not critical as yet for a summer start although in my opinion I think is now my number one route that mystifies me why there isn't a direct service. Mind you there are a handful of services BHX have operating that mystify as to why they are operating but I suppose those professional number crunchers know what they are doing, well except when it comes to Cologne where 8 or 9 of them got that one wrong .

Emirates - Still rumours of the 380 this summer, I was hoping Saudi rumours might prompt them and certainly QR would get them thinking. Another 615 seat A380 back in service last month but it is slow going.

TUI- Fascinating as I have now found 3 x 787's on 5 days Friday through Tuesday. The rest appears to be 3 x MAX, 3 x B73H and 2 x A320 (please not the Doncaster Smartlynx). Monday and Friday have 2 x 787's on shorthaul if where I am checking is correct but the same booking engine has some flights without a type which doesn't make it easy for accuracy purposes.

Pete

Last edited by OltonPete; 23rd Dec 2022 at 18:46. Reason: Correct days for 787's