PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair experienced pilot recruitment - UK licenses
Old 21st Dec 2022, 07:29
ToCatLady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ElCapitan45
Hi guys, Long time listener, first time caller. Just after a tiny bit of advice which, as present, seems to be very hard to find. Keeping it short and sweet - UK Citizen, UK passport, about to embark on the dreaded ATPL chapter, BIG question, UK or EASA exams? Main aim is to move outside of the UK, but are there any jobs for people in my position? Ryanair offer some type of hope for me, but with the whole EU baloney, just leaves simpletons like me, very confused on which path to take. 'm a couple months off the ATPL Mod1. Any advice would be well received.... apart from the "do both Easa and UK exams". Cheers

you are best posting this question on the Ryanair thread under the Wannabee’s the forum as they’ll have the most experience. What I will say is don’t be fooled by the schools saying it’ll cost an extra 8-10,000 to do a dual rating. Total rubbish and they’re profiting from the confusion. Get one licence, and if you wish to convert to another do the process on your own.

I am still really struggling with trying to understand how Ryanair can operate non-G reg aircraft that are based in the U.K. with U.K. nationals but holding a Non-U.K. based license. I thought come January 2023 that can’t happen? Will Ryanair U.K. be forced to change a lot of their aircraft to G reg?