PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair experienced pilot recruitment - UK licenses
Old 21st Dec 2022, 06:25
santacruz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ElCapitan45
Hi guys, Long time listener, first time caller. Just after a tiny bit of advice which, as present, seems to be very hard to find. Keeping it short and sweet - UK Citizen, UK passport, about to embark on the dreaded ATPL chapter, BIG question, UK or EASA exams? Main aim is to move outside of the UK, but are there any jobs for people in my position? Ryanair offer some type of hope for me, but with the whole EU baloney, just leaves simpletons like me, very confused on which path to take. 'm a couple months off the ATPL Mod1. Any advice would be well received.... apart from the "do both Easa and UK exams". Cheers
From what I can see and have heard in the webinar; to work for Ryanair UK currently you need a UK ATPL. You are then required to get EASA after you have started. From then on you will keep both licences updated. To work for other UK companies you need a UK ATPL.

To work for a company based in Europe or Ryanair in Europe you need EASA. The UK licence is useless here and nothing on the horizon to suggest that will change.

If your desire is to live in Europe the problem you have isn't so much the licence but the fact (due to Brexit,) you no longer have the right to live and work in Europe. Do you have a route to an EU passport? If so then get your EASAs done.

If you do the UK licence then you can apply for jobs in the UK if that is a reasonable second option for you. But its not really going to help you for working in Europe much more than any other licence that you may already have.

You can thank Brexit for this situation. (And the stubbornness Europe post Brexit.)