PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turbulence injures dozens on Hawaiian Airlines flight
Old 20th Dec 2022, 09:06
Gary Brown

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FUMR
Every time there's an turbulence event we have to read the same old righteous comments from (some) posters. I have said countless times in past such threads that there will always be pax caught out by sheer bad luck. I am certainly one who keeps his seat belt on at all times except when I have to leave my seat to go to the restroom. For me that may be once on a 6.5 hour flight. There are however people with medical reasons to go more often. I know because my wife was, at one time, one. She may have needed to go four or five times on a flight of that duration. It stands to reason that with 260+ pax on board and the flight nearing its destination there were more than the average heading to and from the restroom. Yes, yes, there are for sure the odd few who fail to keep belts on during the cruise, but, from my own observations they are a small minority.
I still think the best cockpit announcement on this is the one that goes something like ...... And when we've reached our cruising altitude, I recommend you do what we do here on the flight deck, keep your seatbest fastened whenever you are in your seat.