PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MH370 - "new" news
View Single Post
Old 19th Dec 2022, 01:31
Eclan

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Lookleft
So to suggest that an exploding oxy bottle is going to take out the crew and multiple systems just does not get past any rational scrutiny.

If the crew, particularly an experienced PIC wanted to get that aircraft on the ground following an internal failure they would have done so.

Any suggestion otherwise demonstrates a complete misunderstanding of the mind set and competency of a well trained professional flight crew.
Now that is some of the funniest and most ironic input I've read on here in a fair while. Or something-onic. So no one ever crashes? Or everyone who does is incompetent?

Originally Posted by Dora-9
So surveillant radar doesn't work without a transponder being detected? Maybe ATC would be a bit slower at "seeing" you, but they assuredly would.
I'm not so sure about that second statement. I believe once SSR has lost the transponder that's it and depending on the system they might not get you back because of the computer interface even if your transponder begins transmitting again. I believe that's how the Aussie system works (or used to work) but not sure if it's the same there. If that's not accurate or I'm just wrong I'm sure someone with more knowledge on it will pounce within minutes to correct it. Primary radar, on the other hand, would pick them up if within range and if the RMAF were operating it at the time and if they were looking, but would have other deficiencies.