PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MH370 - "new" news
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2022, 18:31
Dora-9

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts
everyone I have spoken to in my crewroom
Your technical knowledge is impressive, but getting back to my question about your lack of real time experience and your failure to respond to this, just who were these people you polled? Junior FO's of what sort of outfit? My 7 are all former captains/colleagues/compatriots, at least 150,000 hours collectively, i.e. they've seen it all/done it all before - and have graduated, with honours, from the Aviation School of Applied Cynicism.

ATC would be unaware of your presence if the aircraft does not have a serviceable radio and inoperative transponder and SATCOM.
So surveillant radar doesn't work without a transponder being detected? Maybe ATC would be a bit slower at "seeing" you, but they assuredly would.

I would think that the Chief Pilot would be pleased
Given the amount of second-guessing that goes on in these events, I'm not so sure...

This seems like a strange question, everyone knows he was born in Penang and had flown many hours at Penang Airport.
Another unanswered question. My question was how recently had the crew been to Penang? The only MAS aircraft I've ever seen there were B737's. There's a huge difference between learning to fly somewhere and what it's like currently.