PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MH370 - "new" news
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2022, 11:46
GBO

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dora-9
That suggests to me that you have little idea about the realities of this sort of flying, but you're welcome to your opinions. Can you imagine the subsequent interview with the Chief Pilot being asked to justify the reasons that you diverted to Penang and didn't return to KL, and then trotting out your response? I did a quick straw poll today amongst various ex-QF/SQ/MAS/CX friends (7 of them; 5 said they'd go to KL).

Can you support the Penang being "very familiar to the crew" contention?

That’s strange because everyone I have spoken to in my crewroom elected to divert to Penang. None of them was going to play chicken at KL without a serviceable radio and inoperative transponder. Penang is very quiet and closer in an emergency.

I would think that the Chief Pilot would be pleased that I took the safer option and flew to Penang. I would hate for the Chief Pilot having to explain to the NOK why the aircraft diverted to the crowded airspace of Kuala Lumpur, without a serviceable radio and inoperative transponder, and then had a mid air collision, when Penang was closer and quieter.

You said “Can you support the Penang being very familiar to the crew contention?”
This seems like a strange question, everyone knows he was born in Penang and had flown many hours at Penang Airport.