PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NETJETS hiring 2022
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2022, 19:58
Klimax

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EatMyShorts!
I am all in for seniority. But you also know that the company will never have a large enough number of big aircraft to give every (interested/willing) pilot from the smaller fleets a chance to fly them. To retain people and to keep them happy on the smaller birds, incentives have to be used. I am also rather on a large aircraft for the comfort and easier work life and I accept the fact that I am earning a bit less than others. Actually, I am happy with it, it's great for them!

As I wrote before, I fly a large cabin aircraft and I made a lot of money this year, I did 550 hours already. Had I done only an average of 450 hours, my productivity bonus would have been 34k (more than double the old seniority bonus), thus the total would have been in the range 175k. That's not too bad. However, I did TBP-light (FW204, no vacation, 1 month roster publication) and with the hours I am well above 200k. But of course lots of boring ping-pong stuff between Paris, London, Nice and Rome. You cannot have it all.

The guys on the smaller fleets can increase their productivity bonus by 50% percent. And to make a salary&bonus of 300k you need to live on the plane. Neither you, nor I want this. High salaries come at a price.
At the end of the day it all comes down to time at home with what means the most (to most) in life and the least away (at work) and having some fun at the same time - and a great mix thereof. Guys a NJ(E) do work (earn) a lot of flying hours to get to these numbers, compared to most us in "large" cabing Private Jet ops (management company or not). We meet those pay numbers flying 75H a year and thatīs of course not including the Extras - but not with a great roster like the one at NJE. Iīm on a 4 wk on / 4 wk off rotation - and thatīs not fantastic (but of course subject to personal circumstances). I think NJE is a great place to go if your a young bloke that want to fly for a living and enjoy the full environment of aviation.