PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NETJETS hiring 2022
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2022, 07:56
733driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
NJE went from paying the small fleets the least, then paying the same for every fleet to paying the most to those on the smallest jets. Personally I liked it best when we all made the same. Seniority would then determine which fleet one would be able to successfully bid for. I'm just not a big fan of the choices we have been having to make in recent years:Increasing pay or a nice aircraft? Increasing pay or quality of life? It's now either or. The biggest "losers" are, relatively speaking, the most senior guys who want a nice aircraft and good quality of life. Their earning potential is A LOT less than that of those who will do almost anything for money. That's just how I see it. It clearly works for others. I just think some perspective is needed when numbers like 200-300k plus are thrown around. Even a senior large cabin captain cannot count on making 200k. Granted, even 150k is a lot of money and more than most people will ever get. It's the principle I have a bit of a problem with. I'm happy enough with the money I make. To me quality of life is more important than money but I do pay a very big price for that. These days I could probably double my salary but choose not to. I just think variable pay has become too big a part of the money we can make. If I was young and had choices, NJE would probably no longer be my first choice