PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MH370 - "new" news
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2022, 01:24
MechEngr

Received 214 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by dr dre
So an oxygen bottle ruptured which took out the exact systems that tracked and communicated the aircraft’s position but left every other system necessary for flying the aircraft perfectly intact? Somehow a gradual decompression (even though any fuselage rupture would cause a more than gradual decompression) that went unnoticed by the crew, causing them become unconscious before the cabin altitude warning went off for the first time in history (or did this magical explosion specifically knock out the cabin warning too?). They were aware enough to program a track to Aceh over Penang but too incapacitated to descend, the slightly more critical thing. And then an hour after this magical decompression managed to program the FMC or change heading to turn 90 degrees south past the northern tip of Sumatra, even though in your own story you admit the pilots are dead at this stage?

I suggest you read up on Occam’s Razor.
I think there was a fire as happened on the ground - one that left the cockpit uninhabitable in seconds. The ground fire was so intense it could not be put out by the ground fire fighters for (I think) 30 minutes. The flight control computers are below the floor; mainly the controls will be at risk to a localized fire.It explains the climb as the pilots would be desperate to quench a fire behind a panel the extinguishers could not reach and there would be insufficient time to land before being forced from the controls even if by toxic smoke rather than heat. On the ground the fire burned a hole through the fuselage. That hole would disrupt the airflow a little, causing the plane, in free flight, to pull slightly to one side, a long curving course, although a slight thrust mismatch would do the same. Did the plane encounter a different wind direction or rising air that caused the turn?

The cascade of events from an oxygen fed fire are consistent. Others just don't appear to be.