PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Armed Forces will miss Christmas this year to deal with strike fallout, says Rishi Su
Old 9th Dec 2022, 20:30
melmothtw

Received 173 Likes on 89 Posts
Originally Posted by NutLoose
I tell you what, how about going and telling all those employees of small companies that may not have had a payrise in several years due to Covid or the energy crisis as firms struggle to survive.
Sorry, but a pay rise for anyone in the civil sector or the military even should not be a God given right, and I am ex military...
I know people that haven't had a pay rise in six or seven years, and are just glad they are still employed.
End of the day if anyone is not happy with their renumeration, look elsewhere, there are plenty that would be happy to fill your / their position.
Rant off.

As for having to work over the Christmas period, been there, seen it and done it, as a military singly, we would often volunteer to cover any duties, so those married guys amongst us could spend the day with their family and kids.
Heaven forbid they mess with your triple-locked pension though, eh Nutloose?

Anyhow, I thought we were going to be a high wage economy now we left the EU. Pretty sure that was the promise now we've been freed from all that pesky Eurocrat red tape. More pie in the sky.