PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AirBaltic
Thread: AirBaltic
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2022, 14:30
Pawly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, it really depends on how you design your social life and what you want to make of it, honestly.
I didn't have a whole lot of time to explore, meet friends etc. as I was quite busy with flight training and now type rating - things are moving very quickly and it's a bit stressful, so of course life besides flying barely exists at the moment. However what I did see so far, was quite nice. People in the Baltics are quite cold and introverted in general, however there is a huge difference in people that fly for a living, as many of them are either internationals or spend a lot of time with internationals and therefore kind of have to be a bit more social. This helps a lot and usually if you ask someone in your group or company, some of your colleagues etc., they will absolutely be down to do something in town or help you with something if you're struggling. The city center is nice and the city itself is quite small, so commutes are pretty short and quick. Airport - city center is around 30 mins by bus, by car it's probably 15-20. Rent prices aren't as low as many people would've expected but still totally fine, even in the city center they're affordable, although most pilots prefer living closer to the airport.
Overall living cost is quite cheap, social life consists of mostly colleagues, cabin crew and flight crew as it is pretty difficult to talk to locals outside the aviation business. Then again, it doesn't seem to be a problem for most people and they enjoy life. Home leave is also possible, so if you want to go to your country every now and then, it's very much possible to do that - if you have time in the schedule, that is.