PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Avion Express
Thread: Avion Express
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2022, 21:56
SIMPLYVIATION

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cefey
It all depends on what you are looking for. Salary (imo) is very low. Remember, this is a pre-tax salary. If you follow the law and pay tax "at home" - do the maths.
In summer most people fly 75-95 hours. Winter - no one knows. The issue with this basic salary is that they can put you in STBY for the whole duration and you can't really say "no", cause they are paying you a salary, right?
About tickets/hotel: 4* decent hotels. All of them with breakfast. But you have to pay for dinner, etc. Almost all of them are airport hotels - good when you fly a lot, but there are no food options nearby. McD at the airport, or you have to take a train/taxi to a nearby village.

Long story short (and this is in my opinion). Avion is a great company if you want the experience of living in different countries. 3 weeks in Stuttgart, 3 in Hamburg, 3 in Antalya, a month in St. Domingo. Not many companies can offer you that. Even Emirates/L-Hansa/BA - few nights layover and that's it.
Seing your friends/family for 7 days a month is not great, but not all of us have families. Money? Maybe next summer they'll increase the salary. This summer they were paying pre-tax what RYR/WZZ are paying after tax (aka - half of what you would get at wzz/ryr).
Atmosphere in cockpit/cabin in general pretty good.
You're telling me wizz air is paying 4.5k a month after tax? what a laughter man, nice joke! hahahhahaha you got me there buddy, gonna follow a bit more your posts.