PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas pilot sues the airline for sexual harassment
Old 11th Nov 2022, 01:31
Slippery_Pete

Received 373 Likes on 70 Posts
I often got asked to get preflight coffee for long haul operations. The responsibility was shared around amongst all pilots, SOs included. Quite often at briefing, the Captain would say “it’s my turn this transit” and arrived at the flight deck 10 mins later with four coffees while everyone else had made a start on preflight.

In fact, most people got enjoyment from bringing coffee for the other pilots and it was often good for building rapport at the start of a trip. It never occurred to me that it was anything other than normal.

Im glad that now and anytime into the future, if I fail at anything in life and want to avoid looking inward, I will be able to retrospectively claim I was discriminated against for having a penis and having to get coffees.

Further, imagine if, as a man, my parents had the foresight to name me “Emilya”. All I’d need to do is perceive in my own mind that one person looked surprised at my male gender when they met me… bingo, get my victim game on and demand a heap of cash.

I hope the pilots named in the article litigate.