PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What would make you choose one airfield/flyingschool over another?
Old 8th Jan 2004, 23:25
montster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've just got my PPL, but the biggest problem I forsee is being able to hire an aeroplane for any sensible length of time from my club. At the moment it's OK because it's fairly quiet in the Winter and the weather hasn't allowed me to do much anyway, so I've just been getting a few hours in to keep myself current. Once the Spring comes tho' all the aeroplanes will be booked so I won't be able to do any long distance trips. As for flying for a weekend away, well it's just not going to happen.

The only way I can see to get some sensible flying done is to buy a share, which I can't afford at the moment, despite being well above the aforementioned average wage (how do people manage to fly on that?!). So if your club could address that that would be great!! I'm not really bothered by how new the plane is, and don't have an IMC (yet) so equipment would not be a deciding factor. I just want to use my license now I've got it!