PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Birmingham-8
Thread: Birmingham-8
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2022, 19:22
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BHX

Originally Posted by Mcvicker03
do u know anything about any new routes or airlines Pete?Feel free to inbox me if wanna keep private
Not privy to any confirmed new routes in the pipeline and the Ryanair expansion was kept under wraps as it should be. However there were clues, none more so than the current BHX CEO has experience in dealing with FR at a previous airport and he said this week that 2023 has the potential to be better than pre COVID pax levels.

In the mean time talking of COVID something I haven't bothered with for a while now - some stats. The passenger figures of course are from the CAA and the pax per flight should be correct as I have used the CAA punctuality stats which show the number of sectors. What is estimated are the load factors as configs vary on some airlines where the business section is variable. Also I might not have the correct aircraft operating such as with Jet2 and the interchange between the A321 and 738 and I have 8 days missing from my records which FR24 helps with. Also I have not decided what is scheduled and what is charter that is done by the CAA and I have to say I am a bit confused at times, as the Egyptian flights, Punta Cana, Cancun etc are showing scheduled which are all TUI but Palma, Reus, Rhodes are IT. The combined load factor also on some routes gives an idea where IT has brought the figure up or vice versa.

Pete