PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BAC Express redundancies
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2004, 19:27
Pontious

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

I'm a firm believer in what goes around, comes around.

SEPT 95, I had bought my own Shed type rating and was offered a temp F/O posn. at NCL for BAC Express, with assurances from the then CP a fine man called EB. I was told one week before Christmas that my contract was to be made permanent after the New Year so renewed lease on my flat and looked forward to the future.

We landed back at NCL early hours of Christmas Eve and I was presented with a fax. from MF wishing me a Merry Christmas but that my contract wasn't to be re-newed after all. It was transmitted 10 mins after we departed NCL at the start of the last Ex`NCL rotation before the Christmas 'Shutdown'. Fortunately myself and 2 other 'Rapex Refugee's' landed jobs within a couple of months with Gene Wilson's Zappers. You cannot imagine the contrast between the 2 types of operation.

BAC was crappier than crap.

Titan was smooth, informal,friendly yet professional and got every ammount of effort WILLINGLY out of its staff,run by people who cared and understood the value of a loyal workforce. Long may they reign.

Long may MF and PS be aviation outcasts and pariahs. The industry just doesn't need them!!