PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar EBA 2019
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2022, 00:41
Ollie Onion

Received 219 Likes on 75 Posts
What a total load of ****, if the new deal suits you then vote for it! If it doesn’t then don’t vote for it…… Majority wins……. Simple. If after the result you don’t like the outcome then either volunteer to join the negotiating team or leave.

Having been a Union rep it is the most thankless task, everyone is pulling in different directions and when you deliver a deal it is amazing the amount of abuse you are subjected too after giving up a massive amount of personal time to try and represent the pilots. I often handed critics a ‘nomination’ form to join as a representative and they couldn’t back away quick enough.

The one thing we always tried to foster as a rep was unity which was always the one thing we never achieved. I mean look at this thread, you are all reading the same proposed deal and can’t even agree the basic numbers let alone if it is good or not. Unity is what the company truely fears and what they have spent years chipping away at. In the end you have to present an offer as I can guarantee you there would have been pressure on the reps to present something or ‘people were going to leave the union’. What members don’t understand is ‘they’ are the union… not the people on the negotiating team, the deal your negotiators can obtain is directly proportional to how effective the members are at being ‘unionised’. Again from this thread we can see the problem is contained within the members, can’t even agree amoungst themselves.