PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Schengen given up
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2022, 17:47
SaulGoodman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flying Clog
Heads up!

I've got first hand info on guys crossing the Belgium/Holland border and being pulled over. If you're a non EU resident, or god forbid, a Brit, and without an EU work permit, you've got some explaining to do. This is specifically targetting aircrew operating out of Liege. The border patrol are stopping cars between Liege and Maastricht.
horse crap as I pass that border very often. Extremely seldom they have checks there at the border and they aren’t specifically targeted at aircrew as that would be such a high investment for so little reward that even the Belgians would be sensible enough to forgo it. They are mostly aimed to check whether international truck drivers have everything in order as it has happened that they were driving without insurance, with fake papers and fatigued. November / december they are mostly aimed to check for heavy fireworks and throughout the year they are checking for so called drug runners. But they have all yellow number plates on BOTH front and rear. And I have been stopped as well despite not having UK number plates on different borders eg E42 and A1/A30