PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - alcohol smell and smoking in the cockpit
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2004, 16:45
Nassauman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The actual booze events in the recent past involved BA (twice?), Lufthansa and Virgin Atlantic. One theory being developed here is that we haven't heard about Ryanair because the pilots are too scared to say anything.

Was it not passengers and in one case ,the media ,who brought about the police intervention in the actual incidents?. Not colleagues.

In that case, are the BA, LH and Virgin pilots also too scared to say anything or is it that they are happy to fly with boozy colleagues. Are Ryanair passengers too scared to say anything where B, Lufthansa and Virgin pax are made of sterner stuff?

None of the above IMHO.

All of the cases relate to crews overnighting away from home in a hotel. Ryanair does not roster overnights and crews return to base at the end of every duty. There is no overnight flying and life is relatively "normal".

I don't think this relates to any particular airline (or business) but to the nature of hotel nights away from home with a team of colleagues.

If the alleged Ryanair pilot who started this post has a problem with any Captain he should have reported him/her through the confidential system if he is afraid of colleagues negative reaction or to the IAA or police if he is afraid of Ryanair negative reaction .Although, I cannot believe that either colleagues or company would do anything other than take him seriously.

.....If he was serious...I think he is winding us up.