PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas pilot sues the airline for sexual harassment
Old 1st Nov 2022, 01:23
Eclan

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Clare Prop
As a female who has been a professional pilot for 35 years this whole quota thing really does undermine the rest of us who have just got on with it. and if someone has made an inappropriate remark just given back as good as we get and laughed it off. It's usually just dumb banter, not malicious.

However calling someone a "token" is very malicious and only encouraged by the very small minority of female pilots who have an axe to grind.

The reason there are less female than male pilots is simple. Not as many women as men are interested enough in flying. That's it! The only barriers are money and the required competencies. If someone isn't interested enough or lacks the required skills they will not achieve the required competencies.

Did she really ORDER this or is it just bad journalism?
Excellent post, Clare. Thank you! What you said is exactly what I saw the vast majority of the time I've been flying, but it doesn't sell newspapers. I think everyone else can calm down now.