PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar EBA 2019
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2022, 21:54
FOI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gunner747400
Which is why you have a clause that states it either increases at 3%, or CPI, whichever is greater.

It's a clause that many EBA's have outside the aviation industry, unfortunately though as you have illustrated, we seem to love to race towards the bottom.
The assertion that “we” love to engage in a race to the bottom is tired and frankly ridiculous.

EBA’s in some blue collar industries might have such a clause that you speak of (I’d be curious to see one), but we work in an industry where we’re paid six figure salaries (and are arguably unique being remunerated as “white collar” workers whilst enjoying the protections of an EBA). No airline in their right mind would allow for such a clause as you speak of, it could ultimately be the difference between profitability or not, or worse.We can dream, but let’s keep things realistic in the context of what we have to do now.

We’re going around in circles. We’re the second highest paid Pilots in the country, we can compare apples with mangoes all day long but we need to look at OUR station in life.

Look much broader than what some airline in the US is paying foreign contractors on a fixed term contract, or what Pilots were paid in the 80’s (???), or my favourite of all, who gets a better seat on duty travel…

When we declined 3% increases in 2019, COVID hit and we found ourselves in an extremely difficult bargaining environment after it. Has anyone been watching the international current affairs at the moment? I would suggest we’re potentially on the brink of at least one of several potential worldwide disasters brewing that will no doubt impact our business again. And we’re considering knocking this back and repeating the same?

21% (12% immediate) PLUS PLUS. Who gets that anywhere? I can’t believe some can’t see it.

Last edited by FOI; 31st Oct 2022 at 22:05.