PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas pilot sues the airline for sexual harassment
Old 31st Oct 2022, 14:10
olster

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts
Seen it all before. Below average first officer, in this case female, finds many reasons for not attaining command status except looking inward, taking ownership and responsibility. Easy way out; everyone else’s fault. Pick a reason, oh it must be because I’m female and those nasty training captains are misogynistic and prejudiced. Throw sexual harassment into the mix and voila all hell breaks lose. No offence but highly unlikely I would have thought and in this case the accused have been exonerated. I have mentored a female pilot in exactly this position and my advice was to prepare well for training events, not get into childish spats with captains, read the OM A, FCOM, QRH etc, don’t look for conspiracy around every corner, relax and enjoy your flying. Fell on deaf ears naturally. Grievance and victimhood being the preferred option and ending in tears. It doesn’t have to be a disgruntled lady of course, other genders and excuses are available. Major caveat that genuine bullying and harassment is unacceptable but unlikely in the modern era and certainly and correctly not tolerated.