PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar EBA 2019
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2022, 11:19
FOI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tossbag
mmmmm, how's getting paid less than the 80's a good deal?
If it were true, which it may well be, the fact airline pilot jobs (opportunities) have expanded exponentially with the advent of leisure / low cost models, legacy airline exclusiveness and associated pay/conditions may have gone down across the industry comparatively. There’s been no “A Scale” in Cathay Pacific for many years as one example.

But back to the point. In terms of “real” increases (which I take it is in comparison to Inflation over time), difficult to say as others have put it, this year it would be an increase by my reckoning, but no-one can predict the future in terms of inflation and wages policies. We wouldn’t necessarily want a wages policy to be rigidly pinned to inflation would we? It may work in our favour occasionally, but there are times it wouldn’t.

This does however appear to be an extraordinary uplift in one hit, considering the state of affairs overall. I can’t see it getting better, but could certainly see it decline if we knock it back (again). Lock it in I say.