PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas pilot sues the airline for sexual harassment
Old 31st Oct 2022, 10:07
LongTimeInCX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by What The

The person who made the allegations is not back flying.

Draw your own conclusions.
Having read the lengthy description of her years of complaints, many of which were 20 odd years ago, it’s hard not to draw conclusions why as a long term First Officer, she is only now pushing the serious press to test button.
Seems previous complaints to HR and Pilot managers did not get the result she wanted. That she was written down or marked poorly, might perhaps actually be, oh shock and horror, because her check and training and assessment history has shown she is not particularly good at her job.
Adequate one assumes, but not good enough for command. Although in this new PC age, it wouldn’t surprise me if HR had been injecting strong suggestions that she be given an easy ride to command. I put nothing past the 2 tailed dog (HR & Accounting) that currently seems to have too much influence in meddling with pilot recruitment, training and upgrades.
Consequently, she has chosen to effectively use the gender discrimination aspect, rather than facing up to her own limitations and in the process sully the reputation of the QF training and checking system, and complain about having to make the coffee.

I have flown with many women over decades. Both good and bad. I would not dispute that in years gone by, women seemed to have to work harder to get a foothold in the predominantly male pilot industry. A common comment by women pilots who hear of this current nonsense, is that it can tar the rest of them with the same brush. They would rather people got their respective big girl or boy pants on, and got on with the job. If they are not up to the task, then leave. Don’t blame others as your excuse for poor performance and being an antagonistic individual who looks for the slightest opportunity to take offence.

On one of my first conversion flight debriefs, I was asked to make the coffee, did I take offence that the Capt was a Brit, and I was picked on to be the char wallah because I was a colonial? No, it was just a damn coffee ffs!