PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar EBA 2019
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2022, 02:46
Wear the Foxhat

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LostontheLOC
​​​​

The base money isn't too far off, but it is lower than a threshold I personally would accept, I would like a significant rewrite of the protections around lifestyle
I dunno about this lower threshold idea. It seems like a recipe for putting all the risk of losing flying hours back on me. Hands up how many times you’ve seen old mate turning up blowing snot because it’s the last day of the month and they don’t want to lose overtime – sure its “hayfever.” Or an aircraft goes u/s and hours are lost, or there are delays and hours are lost, or min rest gets infringed and hours are lost.

Sectors get cancelled all the time for just about any reason. I don’t want my pay dependant upon things running smoothly. Because I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but it’s a circus at the moment. Right now I’m rostered 75 hours, but I regularly only fly 60. It costs me nothing and I don’t turn up to work fatigued. If we have a lower threshold and our pay is dependent upon turning up, we will have pilots turning up fatigued to lock in EFA.

It’s not for me. I’ll happily stick with 75 hours, higher base pay and leave all the risk on the company. I don’t complain, I go fatigued. I still think the smart think to do is lock in a 23% increase to base pay. Negotiating further improvements sounds like at least another 6 months of no pay rises. I personally don't get too upset if I have to call fatigued, it's what is necessary to improve my lifestyle and it costs me nothing - or at least it doesn't while the threshold is so high. I'm still an enthusiastic YES.