PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar EBA 2019
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2022, 05:57
ManillaChillaDilla

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Devil

Originally Posted by GA Driver
Sure, I agree with you.
But I asked this question a few posts back (not at you obviously) what are you wanting? Realistically?

The above post regarding hotels and transport, the current EBA ALREADY has stipulations in the agreement and they STILL don’t follow it. It will take someone with some balls to take them to fair work over it. No one’s bothered as yet and that includes me. I have serious doubts that voting no to an EBA is going to cure all hotel and transport issues.
I’ve bought it up with my manager and zero was done about it so I don’t bother doing those duties, because I CBF with those headaches mentioned. I leave it to the guys chasing the WDO’s and there seems to be plenty on those patterns…..

So back to issue, what would be an acceptable pay rise amongst everything else on offer?
Considering there has been no pay rises for at least 4 years, in theory you could use 12% loss incurred plus that little thing about not being payed at all for 2 years.

That being the case, its easily argued that the current offer is really where we should have been as a starting point for negotiations for the current EA.

To bring the pilot group up to a realistic point of pay ( given the other conditions involved or lack thereof ) about another 10 to 15% would be reasonable. On top of what has been " negotiated ".

I guess the " special guests " at the roadshows can explain why we arent worth what others in the industry are.

Should be VERY interesting indeed.

MCD

Last edited by ManillaChillaDilla; 28th Oct 2022 at 06:33.