PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar EBA 2019
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2022, 08:53
cLeArIcE

Received 180 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by 43Inches
Nothing I disagree with, but you are fighting a monster that's stuck in a 1980s method of thinking they can screw down wages, they were born to drive a wedge in the employee market, now they don't have the supply anymore and its going to take serious restructuring to change the mindset. Some will send the company broke from lack of crew before admitting they need to pay more, offer better conditions and be more selective so that those they do pay more are actually right for the job. JQ is going to have to work out what it wants to be to the market, especially if Rex (very unlikely) decide they want to offer better conditions as they expand the jet fleet, but who knows the bottom feeders are going to have to compete for what few experienced pilots there are or not be bottom feeders anymore.
We have to try though. What's the alternative? Just roll over and say thank you sir may I have another?
Every little victory, every little step in the right direction all adds up. This new agreement is hardly that.
Just hope I can find a way out of this hell hole soon enough.